This article is dedicated to enlighten and unleash all the basic information you need to know about the Npower MTN Sim card.
This post is going to teach you how to Configure Npower device for internet browsing, Conserve data, Recharge and Check balance.
The Npower program has a coexisting partnership with MTN to distribute the Npower devices to beneficiaries of the program. This partnership means that the Npower devices are distributed with MTN sim cards to it’s beneficiaries.
This Npower MTN Sim card is internet subscribed which enables the beneficiaries to access the internet for a whole year.
The Sim has 750MB monthly data which is valid for just a month. On expiry, the unused data will be cleared automatically and could be renewed automatically as well at the disposal of the network providers (MTN).
You should also be informed that, those who are internet freak, especially people who are highly addicted to streaming videos, downloading of video content, songs, apps and other soft wares are exposed to consuming the Npower MTN Sim card free data before the expiry date.
LIST OF Npower DEVICES
1. Afrione 2in1,
2. Speedstar windows tablet,
3. Techno pad
4. Samsung Tab E
5. Brian N-power iPad 1
6. RLG Tablet
7. Floss Signatures tablets.
HOW TO CONFIGURE NPOWER DEVICE
Follow these steps to get your device configured.
Go to Settings of your phone… Click on More and click Mobile Networks.
Now Choose your preferred network which is MTN
Click on Access Point Names.
Click the + Sign to add new APN.
Fill the following below:
IP or Proxy: 10.199.212.002
Port: 80 or 8080
Leave every other information blank.
Save and activate. Now rock the Npower MTN free data.
ALTERNATIVE WAY TO CONFIGURE YOUR DEVICE
Use your MTN sim card, go to your message and Send Settings to 3888.
You will receive the settings from MTN within 5 minutes. Save the settings and activate.
HOW TO CONSERVE DATA
1. Always keep your data off when not been used.
2. Go to data usage on your device and restrict background data.
3. Ensure to turn off media auto-download on your WhatsApp.
4. Go to your google playstore and under settings, auto-update apps, select auto-update apps over wifi only.
5. Avoid streaming videos unnecessarily on youtube and facebook. Turn off video auto play under settings in both facebook and youtube.
6. If you must teether the internet connection on your npower device to your laptop, ensure that you set the connection as a metered connection and password protect the wifi network.
7. Always use browsers that conserve data like opera mini and UC web browser for simple web browsing.
If these instructions are adhered, the consumption of your data will be on a slow pace.
RECHARGING AND CHECKING BALANCE
•To recharge your Npower MTN sim card, simply dial *557*RECHARGE PIN#
•To check the balance on your Npower MTN sim card, simply dial *558#
Always ensure you contact the Npower MTN Sim card customer care if need arises with this digit, “180” simply dail the number on your device to speak the customer care.