The remains of Mrs Alice Chindah, the mother of a Frontline Rivers politician and Ex Commissioner for Agriculture, Chief Emmanuel Chindah has been laid to rest in Oduoha-Ogbakiri of Emohua Local Government, Rivers State.
In a solemn yet classic setting, Chief Emma and family organized a befitting burial November 6, 2021 for his 79-yr old mother who passed on April 11, 2021 in University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), Rivers State.
While delivering a sermon at the funeral mass at St. Peter’s Catholic Church Rumuoro Ogbakiri, the Parish Priest, Philip Kelechi Amadi extolled the conduct of “Miss” in her service to God and humanity while she lived and charged the congregants to emulate Mama’s ways and positively touch the lives of those around them.
Shortly after the funeral mass, the former Governor of Rivers State and Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi laid a foundation of Church Chapel in honour of Late Mrs Alice Chindah.
The epochal funeral witnessed a handful dignitaries from all walks of life who trooped in to pay their very last respect to “Miss” as fondly called. Amongst many present are:
• Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi (Minister of Transport)
• Dakuku Peterside (Immediate Past DG, NIMASA)
• Emeka Woke (Chief of Staff, Rivers State Government House)
• Sen. Andrew Uchendu (Pro Chancellor, University of Port Harcourt)
• Chief Victor Tambari Giadom (Immediate Past Ag. National Chairman of APC)
• Hon. Sam Oge (Honorable Member Rivers State House of Assembly)
• Chief Emeka Beke (Rivers State APC Chairman Elect)
• Amb. Oji Ngofa (Immediate Past Nigerian Ambassador to Netherlands)
• Chief. Godstime Orlukwu Ph.D (Past Executive Chairman, Emohua Local Government)
• Hon. Chidi Julius Lloyd (Executive Chairman, Emohua Local Government Area)
• Hon. Chikordi Dike
• Elder Chidi Wihioka
• Dr. Dawari George
• Hon. Ojukaye Flag Amachree
• Engr. Chukwudi Dimkpa
• Eze Paul Wonodi
• Hon. Franklin Ajunwo
• Dr. Chris Oyirindah (Erstwhile EDFA at Niger Delta Development Commission)
More Photos from the funeral below;